Sep 3 2012
Numerous Twitter client apps for Android are springing up like wildflowers, each one bringing added features to improve the user experience, such as features allowing you to tweet more than the allotted 140 characters or integrating photo-sharing services with your tweets. More and more features are added to third-party Twitter apps, all in an effort to stand out from among rival apps.
Developed by HappyDr0id, TweetLine is also among these third-party apps with added or extra capabilities. Although TweetLine is still in its testing version, the app already has the essential components and extra capabilities for Twitter fans.
TweetLine’s features include the ability to view common friends with other users, see popup options when long-tapping a tweet, preview shared pictures within the app, and even sort out tweets by assigning different colors.
The app is compatible with any device running on Android 2.1 Eclair and above, but with an Android 4.0 ICS Holo theme. The app also shows the remaining time for the next API request and the number of requests left.
Below are features that TweetLine currently have:
- Notification for new Direct Messages and Mentions
- Pull-to-refresh features for your Timeline, Direct Messages, and Mentions
- Keeping or saving the last tweet you’ve read
- Integration of different photo-sharing services like TwitPic, Yfrog, Lockerz, and pic.twitter
- A colorbar that would allow you to assign different colors for users
- Integration of bit.ly to shorten URL links in tweets
- Thumbnails for images in tweets and zoom-in feature when viewing the image in full screen
- Support options for composing a long tweets
- Theme based on Android 4.0.
- Changing font size and color for Timeline Tweets
- Autocomplete feature for usernames to easily mention a user
- Time for the next API request
- Profile editing
- Search option to find tweets or users
- “Mute” feature for users or hashtags
TweetLine is jam-packed with features but HappyDr0id is planning to add even more features for the app.
Below are planned features that will be added to TweetLine in updates to come:
- Integration of additional photo-sharing services.
- Integrating TwitLonger service to allow more than 140 characters in tweets
- A colorbar for your Tweet List
- Support for multiple Twitter accounts
- Creation of different Timelines for users or hashtags
- Widgets in different formats
- Export or import options
- Tablet user interface
The features of TweetLine are astonishing even if the app is still in its beta version. However, the developers of this app are not stopping in providing more features for the app. For Twitter fanatics, this app may provide a better experience in the “Twitter world.”
You can download TweetLine for free from the Google Play Store.
Go ahead and install this Tweet app and tell us what you think. Post your thoughts in the comments section below.
Related PostsTwitter Expanded Tweets improved, coming soon to Android and iPhone, Twitter for Android gets major update, Carbon for Android Twitter client coming for free on July 22
This article, TweetLine: Feature-loaded Twitter client , was originally published at AndroidAuthority.com - Your Android News Source.