Jan 21 2012
Aren’t the group of developers at XDA awesome? I mean they bring us ICS before the manufacturers, they bring us faster and battery efficient ROM’s along with awesome root tools like this one. XDA member globed has just released a One-click tool for the Droid Razr. The tool does two important things — It restores the device in the event of a soft brick, which is definitely a handy thing to have in the event of a flash gone bad. & It retains root after therestore — again a very handy thing to have around. It can be frustrating torestore a device and realize that you no longer have root. So definitely a useful tool to have.
This tool has been developed for the CDMA version of the Motorola DROID RAZR – Verizon’s version. It has not been tested and most likely will not work on the GSM version that is available internationally.
Disclaimer: Android Authority is not responsible for any damage to your DROID RAZR from this tool.
You can download the OneClick Restore Tool HERE.
Filename: RaZR1ClickRESTOREandROOT.zip Size: 1.16 Gb
You need to have all the proper Motorola Drivers installed on your PC. You can get them fromHERE.
How to use the One-Click restore tool
- Download the OneClick Restore tool from the link provided above and extract the contents of the “RaZR1ClickRESTOREandROOT.zip” file
- Hold Volume up and Power key until your phone shuts off. And when it’s off quickly press and hold both Volume up and down keys together to get into AP fastboot mode.
- Open up the folder you extracted the contents of the zip file to in Step 1, and launch the “Run Me” file
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable, and press enter to start the script.
- That’s it! Let the tool run the script. Once it is complete, you should have restored yourdevice with root access retained.
You can visit the original development thread – in the source link below, to check for updates and read about what other users have experienced with this tool. If you have any thoughts that you want to share with us, do feel free to use the comments below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
This article, How to Restore your DROID RAZR with One-Click, Keeping Root , was originally published at AndroidAuthority.com - Your Android News Source.